Greetings College Ministry!
I hope and pray you are all doing well! School is crazy busy, work (for many of you) is demanding, and life keeps you constantly going! Please know that we, the leadership team and I, love you, we're praying for you, and that we're here for you!
I also wanted to let you know that you all deserve “kudos” for setting aside our own meeting time for the new fourth church service. There was obviously a huge need as demonstrated by the crowd of people who are attending. Also, I want to thank the “crew” who have faithfully stepped up to the plate to help serve at that service and for those of you who are faithfully attending and hanging out!
Just because we are no longer meeting on Sunday evenings does not mean that we don’t gather! There are quite a few opportunities available; I wanted to send you an email of some of the things that are going on in College Ministry so I can keep you all in the loop.
- FEEDING THE HUNGRY: This Friday (March 15) some of the community groups (Sarah's group, Kellyn's group, and Josh's group) are ministering to our homeless neighbors in La Palma Park from 4-6pm. Please pray for the team, for the servants, and for the recipients. If you're interested in going, you can help us this week, or the next two weeks when we minister there (March 22 and 29). Just shoot me an email if you're not in those groups but are interested in going.
- COLLEGE MOVIE NIGHT: This Saturday (March 16) we're getting together from 5-9ish in the High School Amphitheater (not the D-amp; this one's on north campus) to watch Emperor’s New Groove and to grub out on ice cream and kettle corn. It's going to be a blast, and best of all, it's FREE! Please sign up on Facebook if you want to come, though, so we can know how much to bring. Hope to see you there!!
- INTERGENERATIONAL CELEBRATION FEATURING JONI EAREKCSON TADA AND BETHANY HAMILTON: On Wednesday, April 3rd from 7:00-8:45pm in the sanctuary we're having a special, intergenerational, and inspirational event. Many saw the movie "Soul Surfer" and heard the story of Bethany Hamilton, a young girl disabled by a shark attack while surfing a couple of years ago. But today's youth and their parents probably haven’t heard of another active teenager from the past who became a quadriplegic after a swimming accident almost 50 years ago. Our Junior High, High School and College students and their leaders, along with the rest of the folks from our congregation, are invited to join us the Wednesday after Easter Sunday to hear both their stories and hear them interact on their experiences and faith. Joni and her husband Ken will be with us in person; Bethany will join us from Hawaii via Skype. Please make every effort to join us for this event! You're not going to want to miss it!
- FOURTH SERVICE: We're seeing God do some amazing things through our Sunday night fourth service. Dynamic worship, powerful teaching, tasty grub, and great fellowship are all present every Sunday night from 5-7pm in the sanctuary. We have games in the gym, places to hang out as you get food from the Well or from our food trucks, and all kinds of great ways to gather students. Please come out with us, and pray about bringing some of your friends.
- COMMUNITY GROUPS: Even though we've been meeting in our groups for a few weeks, there's still an opportunity for you to join! The guys meet Monday nights, Tuesday nights, and Thursday nights; and the girls meet Monday nights, Tuesday nights, Wednesday nights, and Thursday nights. There are several options both for distance and schedule for everyone. Call me, text me or email me to get signed up in the right group for you. Not only are we going through a great book, we're also serving together and growing together. For many of you craving community, this just might be what you're looking for.
- SERVING OPPORTUNITIES: If you have a desire to serve, we could really use your help on Sunday nights (greeting, praying, and planning events in the gym). Also, there's a need for greeters on Saturday, March 30th during our Saturday night Easter service. I would be delighted to serve with you that evening! Email me if you're interested.
As I said before, I would love to be praying for you. So, you can drop me a line via email or come by the office and see me! Hope all is well!
COLLEGE MISSION TRIP TO UKRAINE
The College ministry will be heading to Lviv, Ukraine in July of 2013. We have an opportunity to partner with Josiah Venture and teach English. The tentative dates are July 15-30. Applications are available in the Student Ministries office and the deadline to be considered is 1.20.13 Pray about your involvement in sending, going or supporting your peers this summer in this ministry. Questions? Call Michael ASAP!